Sunday, May 20, 2012

Not my holiday

Call me selfish but truthfully, I do not like people to come here. I am just a lousy host. It is not my holiday but I still end up fatter, broke-r, and more lethargic. It was just 4-5 days but it felt forever to me. I am glad that my sister is finally back home and tomorrow will be my aunt's turn. Lol..

Perhaps 80% of time spent with me was for food. I spent more than $200 for food just for the last few days. Crazy! That is more than half of the amount I usually spend for food in a MONTH. Phew.. Another 20% of the time was spent for shopping. I usually go out only when I have a specific aim or specific thing to buy. Going out for the sake of going out is just a waste of time, and money. It seems that what my mother says is true. You have nothing you want to buy but because you go out 'looking for nothing', you end up getting tempted on things you would not be thinking about if you do not go out in the first place. My sister was looking for Rilakuma plush and at one of the shops she entered, I found a very very nice Conan figurine. Ouch.. $30 and the quality seems good. Price is not an issue. The problem is space. Sigh.. I want to buy it! But I don't know whether my cupboard at home still have space for me to display.. Thank goodness it is not my holiday. Plaza Singapura is just there and in case I change my mind, I can always go there and get it.

My Nike bag is close to its ends. Its four corners are 'holey'. Kinda disappointed because it did not last as long as my previous Converse bag. And I expected Nike to be some awesome brand. Just like a few years back, it is almost impossible to get a bag with 2 compartments inside =( Gotta end up with 1-compartment bag. I should have bought the green FILA bag I saw last week since the fair was over this weekend. In the end I settled for a Converse bag again. There is a sale going on at ground floor of PS. Although the bag is only going for $10 less than its original price.. and although it is dirty green (not the leafy green which I like).. I still bought it.. Simply because it is cheaper than those bags in the shops I saw. I will need a bag anyways.. and there is no way I can get a 2-compartment bag so I just get the cheapest lor..

Sadly, we went to Mustafa last night. And I saw a 2-compartment bag from Esprit going for $52. Sigh.. The colour is a bit ew... (purple) but then I want the functionality.. Price is okay because generally slingbags are going for $49.90-ish.. And my budget is not more than $50 for a bag. Of course I did not buy it haha since I just bought the Converse bag a few hours prior to that.. Anyways, I am still too tired to open up the new bag and transfer my things there and discard my old bag..

In Mustafa, I bought a headphone for $16. A bit pain because never in my life I bought a headphone or an earphone.. I always use those which come free with MP3 players or handphones. Haha.. Thanks to going out to ION with my friend last weekend lar. Seeing headphones can go up to hundreds of dollars makes those <$20 so tempting. Haha.. Oh well, so far no complaints la.. Better than listening with nothing. But I don't know whether it is indeed worth more than those free earphones as I hardly listen to music with earphones.

I think that's all for tonight. Thanks to sleeping at 5am last night. I will share a bit more about the past week in the next post. Tomorrow perhaps..

No comments: