Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter 2008!

Before I write about the Easter, there is something interesting on last last Saturday that I forgot to mention. Hehe... It was Seder Meal. It is a Jewish Passover Meal (which is also the Last Supper) and the food was rather exotic. The names of the food and the parts of the meal are weird too (Kaddesh, Karpas, Yachatz, Matzah, Haroset, Maror. Dayyenu, Barekh, Korekh, Hallel, Nirtzah). Lol. But it was a good meal. They managed to get the unleavened bread and the wine from Israel. That's cool! The wine is damn good :) It was very sweet. And I had a very good meal. I love the lamb :) :) I won't miss it next year. Haha...

Let me write about Easter Triduum next.

On the Maundy Thursday, I went to get my parents who arrived here at 6am 0_0 After days of 3-4 hours of daily sleep, I decided to skip school on that day, except for Chinese. Haha... That was a bad/unwise decision as now I have more things to mug. In the evening, I went church visitation with my RCIY friends. We visited St. Michael (there is a cute dog in the church!), Our Lady of Lourdes, Sts Peter and Paul, St. Ignatius (church of rich people and it has a very huge and nice garden with neatly shaped trees), and St Mary of the Angels. The older churches are so 'wasted', they have nice structure but bad maintenance. I reached home quite late.,1 am, because of the Office of Tanabre. We left half way and it was still that late. It was soooo boring and long because every single word was sung. We were laughing/giggling when we flipped how many pages more -_-

Good Friday was just like usual Good Fridays. And my observation is true. It always rains on Good Friday, especially during the 3pm mass. It was amazing because before and after that, the sun shines brightly. Lol.

Yesterday was the Easter Vigil Mass and now I am officially a Catholic. Yay! My waiting for 2-3 years is over. No matter how sucks my life has been here, I guess this is the greatest gift that I get from leaving my hometown. Other than the sucky choir (sadly!), it was a perfect night. I felt like a celebrity in the end because when we were all posing for photos, there were so many people taking photos and across the whole see of photographers, the blitzes were just taking turns. Lol. I was quite groggy while lining up. It might be due to the cold, or excitement, or fear from the evil part of me... Erm.. what else... the chrism oil smells good... Haha..

And yeah, I got a lot of gifts =)
Before unwrapping
After unwrapping
I have 8 rosaries (+1 which I sent home). For collection? To give away? I don't know..
And today, life resumes to normal. My parents flew back and I have to go back to studying. For more than a week, I had not enough sleep but I felt okay. Yesterday, after everything ended, so did the adrenaline rush, I guess that's why I am feeling very tired now. Haiz... But oh well, it was fun! Today I ate at Breeks in Airport (yummy yummy brownie with warm cheese) and I find nothing so interesting about T3... yet...

It will be another long vacuum for me... Exam is in 4 weeks time. That's SCARY!

No comments: