Monday, February 26, 2007

Jakarta Big Flood 2007

The heavy rain 2 nights ago reminded me with the recent flood (I think now I understand what being traumatised is all about). So I will let you to imagine and see how gross it was. The picture was taken because I had nothing to do for that 1 week except looking at the dumb stagnant water. I only put it now because my new phone allows me to transfer data with no fuss. And there is no picture from day 1 because on that day, I was still hoping that the flood would stop, the water would not get higher and enter the house, and the electricity supply would not be cut. Unfortunately, the opposite occured! Well, Chinese believe that water means luck. More water more luck thus I hope I will be flooded with good luck and happiness this year (and the same wish goes to those who suffered at that time because of the flood.
Day 2
The worst day ever.... The electricity was cut off and it continued until the 6th night.

Day3
Day 4 (night)
I did not take the pictures in the morning because the water level hardly changed. It was still as high as the previous day :(
Day 5
Day 6 (morning)
Day 6 (afternoon)
The aftermath!!! Sigh..finally it's over!

1 comment:

Jinci Chen said...

lol so surprised to see so many photos. lolx. the flood is really quite bad. and the kfc light is amusing. lolx. all the best for results!